WANTED FEATURES FOR BATTLEFIELD 4

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

My viewpoint of the Battlefield franchise is slightly different than other game enthusiasts. Where some video game players see Battlefield as just a first person shooter I believe it covers more of the playing field.

The Battlefield Franchise delivers better flight mechanics than games such as Ace Combat and TC Hawx franchise. Those two games principle game play revolves around flying yet a game labeled just a FPS has better mechanics. With the additional layer of fighter jets on top of the first person shooting Battlefield saves me money on mediocre flight games. Gunning down an infantry soldier's threat feels better when its an actual player vs lifeless artificial intelligence. 

"Battlefield saves me money on mediocre flight games."
FAIL
I see where Battlefield excels over other video games that fall under the same label as first person shooter. That is why for me it is an easier buy than other military shooters. It is my personal preference. I do however have suggestions that I believe should be implemented to warrant a sequel in my eyes.

ELEMENTAL IMPROVEMENTS

  1. Fix the collision interaction between vehicles and trees
  2. Introduce Weather (Snow, Blizzards, Rain, Strong Winds)
  3. Changes in time of day (Attacks starting before dawn then sun rising)
WINTER SOLDIER


ENVIRONMENTAL SUGGESTIONS
  1. Some subterranean environments (sewers,bunkers,caves)
  2. Civilians in the multiplayer maps (hitting them results in -10 points)
  3. Video Surveillance cameras and Camera control rooms
SOLDIERS CHANGES
  1. Female Soldiers Skins 
  2. New Factions (PLA, Irainian Army,African Freedom Fighters, Terrorists)
  3. Platoon Initials on the Soldier Uniform
  4. Ghillie Suits
  5. Possibly a new Class (Technician,Navy Seal, Rappel Guy)



DEATH CAMERA

  1. More detailed information as to where my soldier got shot during engagements
  2. Platoon Banner is displayed when I kill enemy soldiers 
  3. List of critical injuries (broken bones, punctured lungs, 3rd degree burns, Severed limbs)
INTRODUCING THE HEART SHOT

VEHICLES

 SUPER STALLIONS
M2/M3 BRADLEY
TYPE 99

RUSH GAME TYPE



  1. When m-com stations are armed and detonated, they should trigger an environmental trigger.          (i.e. an explosion, building collapse, destroyer cannons striking a target, airstrikes, crashing C-130) 
  2. Map suggestion a giant dam (once the m-com is detonated the dam explodes and floods down river)
  3. Upon completing all m-com objectives the attacking and defending teams should have a single life, and must extract from the mission alive in order for the m-com arming player to receive points.*
*in depth article coming soon

FINAL THOUGHT


I am looking forward to what Battlefield 4 will offer. I do have high expectations of the final product. I will not settled for a release of base game with less than Nine maps if a premium service is planned. I will have no problem paying for another Battlefield Premium if the content is not so themed based either. I do not want another Close Quarters expansion pack (almost sounds contradictory). Close Quarters maps should just be implemented some where within the whole map. Just like death match arenas layouts are located within the parameters of the map. If any of the maps of Battlefield 3 return they better be free. You  cannot charge people for maps they just finished playing. A return of co-op missions is welcomed in my book. Please, just for once scrap the single player campaign. To me BF3's solo campaign was unbearable. If there really must be a campaign please outsource its crafting. The time and effort for the campaign should be pushed of on the Medal of Honor team (seeing that they are kinda out of work). Better design on the rush portions and the m-com placements of the rush gametype.

 "Please, just for once scrap the single player campaign"

Bottom Line: I have 1900+ hours in Battlefield 3 and I will be on the front lines for the next war.

No comments

Post a Comment

Newer Older