SOUTH PARK: THE STICK OF TRUTH REVIEW "FRIENDLY FACES EVERYWHERE"

Tuesday, May 13, 2014


Reviewed by: Jamaal Ryan

Writer's note: Yes, I know Microsoft dropped a bombshell today. I will put together an opinion piece tomorrow. In the meantime, here's a little something to hold you over.

“Wow. I can’t believe they just did that.”

Those very words ran through my mind numerous times while playing South Park: The Stick of Truth; it’s no wonder this game was heavily censored in a number of countries. I’m not one of those laugh-out-loud fellas when it comes to video games, but this one broke me. And saying “Well duh, it’s a South Park game” doesn’t cut it, especially when the previous licensed products weren’t all that great. Though not quite as cataclysmic in tone as South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut was, The Stick of Truth holds value as an extended, no-holds-barred episode of the television show. And yet, it also happens to be a well-executed “my first” RPG as well. South Park 64 and South Park: Chef’s Luv Shack this is not; South Park: The Stick of Truth is one of the most faithful licensed video games of all time. Read more.

No comments

Post a Comment

Newer Older