SUPER SMASH BROS. FOR NINTENDO 3DS REVIEW: POCKET DOJO

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Reviewed by: Jamaal Ryan
I’m not sure when I unconsciously abandoned the Super Smash Bros. franchise. It was either when I eventually hung my Nintendo fan-boy hat in search for gaming experiences on other platforms, or when Brawl sacrificed speed and control by tying weights around the fighters’ ankles that made them slow and occasionally trip. Either way, it’s been a long time since I’ve last taken SSB seriously.
This 3DS version of Super Smash Bros. has the potential to reel me back in. It’s mechanically similar to Melee and what those wizards accomplished with Project M, and Smashing on the go is much easier than going through the hassle of hooking up my Gamecube. However it doesn’t satiate my competitive nature as much as I’d assume a proper console release would. Read more.

No comments

Post a Comment

Newer Older