PROTEUS REVIEW: DIGITAL TRIP

Tuesday, September 2, 2014


Reviewed by: Jamaal Ryan

Justin and I met at the gym as we do every once in a while. As I talked about the suicide and self-mutilation training that I went to, he reflected on the categorization of games that discuss such serious matters: Depression Quest, That Dragon, Cancer (my heart goes out to Ryan Green and his family), Super Columbine Massacre RPG -- all in which I wrote about I'm my expositional piece. The conversation then bled into the infamous "is it a game?" debate. As the talk grew, it attracted two other gym members making their case. While traditionalists would argue that "games" have to be built on fail states and objectives, others would argue that all a "video game" needs is a level of interaction to elicit a state of play.


That is what Proteus is. Read more.

No comments

Post a Comment

Newer Older